Thursday, August 22, 2013

Current Pool Reads



When the weather is so hot everyday, I pretty much hang out by the pool all day. And what's better than reading a good book while you're laying at the pool.

At the moment I'm reading two books. 
1. Travels With Charlie: In Search of America - John Steinbeck
2. What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank - Nathan Englander


Travels with Charlie is like the perfect book for me. Ever since I was 10 years old I've dreamt of studying and living in America. It may be naive but that's my biggest dream. There's just something about the USA that appeals to me. I often feel like I was born in the wrong country...
This book describes how John Steinback rediscovers his country and I really love the book so far.
(And yes, the book on the picture is the Dutch version ^^)



And the second book: what we talk about when we talk about anne frank. Which, first of all, has an amazing name if you ask me. But there are way too many capitals in the title if you have to type this on a phone (;
The book contains a few short stories which are all in a way connected to Anne Frank, World War 2 and Israel. Maybe a bit odd to read this when you're hanging by the pool but it's quite easy to read and the stories are very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment