Thursday, November 29, 2012

Books and being busy

Since my exam week is coming up, my teachers apparently decided to give us as much homework as possible. The exam English will be a voabulary and reading exam, so I already learned almost all of the words I have to learn for this test, but reading tests are very difficult to me, because the entire test is multiple choice questions, and that's just what I find very difficult. So for English I decided I'd prepare myself for this test by reading some English books. Of course I already read the entire Harry Potter series in English, but that was a while back. So I went to the shop, because the English books were on sale, so I bought a couple of new books:
- Well DUH, by Bob Fenster
- The Girls Guide for Hunting and Fishing, by Melissa Bank
- The Good Thief's Guido to Amsterdam, by Chris Ewan

I hope they're all good! I didn't have much time when I bought them so I read the back of the books quickly and just threw them into my shopping cart.

For Dutch we have to read 2 books: 'Aslander', by Rien van den Berg, and 'The Dark Room of Damocles' by Willem Frederik Hermans. Good thing that 'Aslander' is a thin book with 128 pages, but unfortunately 'The Dark Room' has over 300 pages, and I am just at page 70. I have a lot of reading to do the next couple of weeks haha. But it's almost vacation! And then I'll have plenty of time to read (:

Since a couple of months, I work at the library, and I like my job, but it's quite annoying that right after I finnished school, I have to cycle straight to my work, and I have to bring my heavy school bag with me. So yesterday, there was a lot of wind and I was already a bit late, so I cycled as hard as I possible could and made it just on time to the library. But apparently it had been very crowded that day, so I had to clean all of the bookcases and shelves, and place ALL of the books right. And a thing little children always tend to do in a library is to push back all of the books on the shelves, so I had to push all of the books back again. Great, so I had two times as much work to do than I usually have to. But oh well, I get paid for it so don't mind that much. (:
The good thing about working in a library is that when you see a book you fancy, you can bring it to the office, and when you're done working you can borrow it from the library. So that is very nice! Always when I see a new Young Adult book or a book that I think is nice I bring it to the office so that I have fresh reading nutrition for the upcoming week haha.

Hm. This blogpost was pretty much all about reading, I hope that's fine with you. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more time to write a blogpost, but I can't promise you anything. Tomorrow I'll be working late, so maybe it will be online a bit later. I am thinking of doing a TAG for tomorrow. ^^

Days left till Sinterklaas: 6
Days left till Christmas: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment